Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 2 attic

Today the attic guys worked on the electric all day. It is still not done. I would love to say this counts as a rewire of the house - but it's not. It's only making that section of the attic safe to put a subfloor on. At the moment my bathroom lights are all f'd up and all day my satellite TV kept crashing and the burglar alarm kept beeping "trouble" from the power going out. But you know, the house is clean and warm, we breezed through the nine month appointment today, and I might motivate my lame ass to go dancing tonight. So right now I'm feeling pretty good. New Year's kind of messes with the attic progress - but they will come briefly Monday morning to finish the electric and then resume work for good on Jan 2. Can't wait to get to that point! It'll be great when the attic actually looks like something. Right now it's all prep work.

Since I'm feeling momentarily financially secure, I got the bug up my butt to look into international travel with family tour groups again. And again was bummed at just how expensive it is, and how long I may have to wait - many of the best tours only take kids 12 and up. But as always I know I can find a way - when he's little we can start slow with Hawaii, cruises, Mexico, Caribbean; then maybe branch out to places like Thailand and Costa Rica when he's older. Heck, it'll give me time to save, right?

I'd like to take this moment for a little TMI. I talk a lot about B's physical stats and progress, but not my own. So I'd like to give a nine month post-partum update.

My favorite news on the "down there" front is I am no longer peeing myself. I used to release a teaspoon or two of pee every time I settled in after going to the toilet; that seems to happen less and less these days. I also have more control in general - I no longer start peeing as I'm on my way to sitting on the toilet seat. So that's something.

My boobs are not in a pain phase - but I am starting to feel that little razor-like bottom tooth. Not sure how to handle that.

My weight loss has slowed, but that's probably only due to the holidays. I am currently about 128 pounds, which for me is very skinny since my average is usually about 140. I wish I could get to 125 and stay there, but I know all the weight will come back sooner or later. In the meantime my pants hang off me like sacks. Debating on whether or not to buy one skinny pair of pants for the interim - after all, when the weight comes back it's not going to come on in a matter of hours or days, but months. I know, we should all have such problems, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment