Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 round up

What can you say about the year your first and only child was born? It will be forever etched on my brain much like my own birth year. It's a year that meant something. Inspired by a fellow blogger, here is 2012 as I remember it (I probably should have read my own blog as a refresher first, but I'll try to do this by memory):

January I was all wrapped up in baby showers, nursery planning, and making parenting decisions before the fact.

February was my shower, the registration for my event began, and I started to feel lousy.

March Robert was born! His birth still ranks as the worst experience of my life, but hey, it ended well!

April was a haze of breastfeeding, diaper changes, and sleeping with the lights and TV on. But little B survived and thrived.

May saw B get past those rough few first weeks, start smiling and connecting.

June saw our first trip east, followed by July in which B met most of his relatives and I had my first event as a mother! I also turned 40.

August was our second trip east and event cool-down.

September saw big changes with the B - outgrowing his swing and bouncy seat, crawling, pulling up to stand, reaching for things, and my resultant panic at facing the new challenges of a baby on the move.

The last three months I've happily adjusted to these changes and feel like I have a handle on the future with my planned attic playroom.

Bumpus won't even be recognizable this time next year - right now he's all baby; bald, toothless, co-sleeping, breastfeeding. By next December he'll probably be weaned, have teeth, more (red, I hope) hair, and who knows what our sleeping arrangement will be when he's nearly two! It'll be a big year of changes with my event moved back five weeks to Labor Day and the whole flow of the house changed by the addition.

This'll be my first full year as a parent. Crazy!

Happy 2013 everyone!

1 comment: