Friday, November 9, 2012

What's going on

What's been going on around here? Pinterest. Yup, that's pretty much it. See why I was reluctant to join it? I knew my life would be taken over with reading blogs with titles like 101 Christmas Crafts for Your Toddler and re-pinning pictures of peppermint marshmallows. And it has.

The good thing about Pinterest, though, is it fulfills my psychological need for shopping without actually shopping. I get to look at pretty things and fantasize about how great my life would be if I had that thing, without spending money to buy it. It allows me to just bookmark it for later...a later which, hopefully, will never come. And then most of the things on Pinterest that I pin aren't things to buy, anyway - they're cheap household DIY projects, or parenting tips (mostly about raising toddlers, or tips for mothers of boys, all advice I really need!), or recipes (can never have enough of those). So I figure as an addiction it's fairly harmless, or at least a lot less harmful than my other addictions - sugar, TV, carbs, shopping. I would say sleep, but that doesn't really apply at the moment -!

Yesterday I hit up the two people who still owe me money, one of them being my ex. He is incredibly defensive and hostile every time I approach him (via email or FB). He had told me he'd pay me the $300 he owes in two week increments - he paid one $100 payment two months ago and I never heard from him again. Yesterday he told me he had tried to pay one more payment but it "didn't go through" and he'd provide documentation if I "think he's lying" (exclamation point). What a loser! He said he'd pay me another $100 right away but of course a day has gone by and nothing. I won't stop riding him until I get that remaining $200. I'm amazed there are people in this world who can owe people money for years and not be bothered by it - AND when confronted act like the person who loaned the money is at fault (last time I wrote him he said "I knew I never should have accepted that money"). I guess we know who those people are - they're sociopaths.

The good news is when I get this money I am going to buy a new laptop with it. My computer is eight years old and so slow and buggy that I'm afraid it's going to crash any moment, so I just stay off of it, which means anything that can't easily be done on my phone doesn't get done. Which is no good with my registration launching in just a couple of months. So I am very excited to upgrade and start fresh! I am owed $950 total so I figure that should get me something nice.

Bumpus and I are recovering from yet another in a series of colds. I have completely lost my voice, and sleep has been terrible between a sick baby and my own nose being completely blocked. Bumpus HATES when I try to wipe his runny nose, and I traumatized him with the nosefrida, so handling his boogie nose has been a real challenge. Still, I would prefer not to have his snot all over my shirts, sheets, upholstery, etc. I mean, I love you, kid, but there are some limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment