Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Time off

Went to the Ghetto Daycare for a tour. And you know what - it was great! Sure, it was in one of LA's shittiest neighborhoods, but it was an island of gleaming white stucco and impeccable gated grounds in the midst of the marijuana dispensaries and liquor stores. The interior was very similar to the Baby Kennel. And apparently there's no minimums - just $50 a day and that's it. You set your own days and hours. I'm a little suspicious - how is it they can be this flexible but nobody else is? The lady I spoke to didn't seem to know much about their pricing and policies so part of me thinks if I do sign up there they'll turn around and say I do have to commit to two days a week - and the resultant $500 fees. But as of right now it looks like it could be pretty ideal.

I'm torn as to when/how to start. Part of me doesn't want to do anything until the start of next year - then I think I should start now at one day every other week and then move on to one day a week in Jan. Just thinking about what I could do with a free day now and then - a whole five or six hour stretch to myself...! I could nap, shop, see movies, meet people for lunch, even, dare I say it...ski?

It makes me really excited just to think of having a special time during the day once a week or every other week where I'm not obligated to go anywhere or do anything and Bumpus can play with new toys and interact with other babies. I feel like at nine months old (by Dec) I've put in my time, no? I've been with the boy 24/7 all this time, it's ok to get a day off now and then, right? Right???

2 comments:

  1. absolutely yes!!!

    but personally, i think once every other week isn't enough. if he hasn't developed stranger anxiety yet, he most likely will by 9 months. can you bring him more often and for fewer hours, if necessary?
    like two mornings a week? something like that?

    sounds like a great set up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's important for you to have your own time - you need it, and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete