Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Festive Season

We are heading into what I will from now on call The Festive Season. Halloween through New Year's is pretty much non-stop holiday stuff. And as of right now, I'm totally into it.

I sent an invite for a Christmas party I'm going to throw on the 23rd of Dec. Last year's party was slightly marred by the fact that I was very pregnant and too worried about falling or otherwise straining myself by setting up a tree or properly decorating. Not so this year! I have every intention of going all out. If I could afford it, and wasn't afraid the local homeboys would come into the yard and steal them, I would get some of those animatronic light up deer for the front. But I can certainly do wonders with some basic lighting.

Mom Guru and I are getting together with some other parents tomorrow for one of the LA suburbs' charming little small town Halloween parades. Bumpus' costume is WAY too big so I will spend tonight trying to take it in (or may just do a quickie job with safety pins tomorrow-!). I will also spend tonight making devil's food cake cupcakes from my favorite 1930's recipe. The supermarket was out of spooky shape sprinkles and I forgot the food coloring for the frosting, but I'll make it work somehow! I am inordinately excited about baking again. I missed it a lot.

Bumpus will never remember his first Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas outside of stories, pictures and videos. But already his very presence has made this holiday season very special for me, and for this I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I love the festive season! I can't wait to see photos of Bumpus in his costume!!

    ReplyDelete