Saturday, September 29, 2012

In bed by 8:30 on a Saturday night, woo!

So as goes the title, I am in bed. Because really, why not? There's nothing good on TV, I've eaten dinner and cleaned up, and it's easier to keep track of the baby in his crib than on the living room floor. So, screw it.

At least I have a kitchen window screen now (ah, cool breezes!). Pool still draining. I think I may call an actual repair guy rather than my pool cleaner. I don't think he knows what he's doing when it comes to repairs, and I have a really good guy I used to use. So I'll do that. Sure would be nice to put those pool repairs to bed once and for all.

I had the cleaning lady over today...and I could have saved us both a lot of time if I'd just told her up front what I could afford. She wanted to charge $200 for one visit per month or $300 for two visits per month (ie $150 every two weeks). Yeah, that's about three times what I'm realistically able to pay. So I have another name...but I may just never be able to afford a cleaner. Oh well, time to get off my ass I guess!

Had our awful six month shots. It occurred to me that this is the last time ever I will have to subject my tiny infant to that. Next time he'll be one year old and a totally different baby. And next time is a doozie with tons of shots all at once. Right now kind of appreciating I was spared that as a child! He is measuring at the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th for height. And I have the go ahead to start solids. I bought a box of infant rice cereal the other day, but have not cracked it.

Is it weird that I'm reluctant to start solids? I was all excited about it and now I kind of don't want to. Part of me is just lazy, but part of me doesn't want B to move on to the next phase of his life - to grow up. Starting real food is a big deal; it's the beginning of the end of his needing me. I'm going to be a wreck when it's time to wean!

You wouldn't know he's growing up from our nights, though - it's like we're back to the newborn phase. He's been feeding easily every hour, is really hard to get to sleep, and waking early and staying up. For the first time I am feeling kind of sleep deprived, which is making me extra cranky (in case you haven't noticed). Is it sleep regression? A growth spurt? Is it my bad habits? Do I need to make him go to bed earlier because he's over-tired and that's why he's not sleeping? I don't know, but boy would I like a return to our previous sleep pattern!

3 comments:

  1. I just read all the way from a few weeks before he was born until now. I can't wait to get off to the races!! What a little cutie-pie!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute photo! looking so much like his mama!

    i think it's very, very common to have regressions in sleep at 4-6 months due to developmental stuff. often separation anxiety, though i'm not sure how that plays out with co-sleeping since we weren't co-sleeping at that point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a face! So handsome!

    $200 to clean your house?!!? that is Highway robbery! We pay $80 a month & our house is not small! That's 4 hours work. Hope you're able to find someone more reasonably priced!

    ReplyDelete