Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pulling it together

After the temporary freak out of my last post, I rallied and made it all happen. It was a ton of work - and hard work, physical work, in the hot sun, but I can't tell you how much better it feels to have a house that is in order and not full of over spilling recycling bins and boxes. I had to haul them all out to the shed, and put away all the furniture from my party. I never realized how important things being in order is to me - probably a holdover from my OCD/anxiety days. But especially with a baby, it's super important to be organized and neat. And clean, as my baby's dirty hands from lying on my dirty floor, now indicate.

Part of organizing my event bins turned out to be very lucrative - as often happens when I go through the bins, I discovered a hidden packet of credit card slips from the first night, which included most of the walk-up weekend pass holder payments. After processing them I came up with a whopping $6000, which officially moves me from the "it's going to be another tight year" category to "I might just be able to breathe this time". Which is huge.

In light of this information I decided to convert part of my new life insurance policy to "cash value". It's expensive as heck to do this but could be quite useful later on in life, and my life is always about guarding against future calamity. Because when you make your living off one event a year, you just never know.

Bumpus has finally taken somewhat to the carseat/stroller. As long as he's fed and not particularly agitated, he doesn't cry in the carseat anymore (except today when he woke up hysterical, terrified of the drive through car wash we were in - poor little guy!), and I can actually use the stroller now, which is great considering how uncomfortable baby wearing would be in this heat. I am going to get my hair did tonight and am taking him with me as no sitters were available. My hope is he'll sit peacefully in the stroller. If not, we'll just deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment