Monday, July 16, 2012

Last day in my 30s

Just for the record, I have no bad feelings about this. Much like my life insurance policy, I've considered myself 40 for the last six months anyway. And I think 40 suits me. In my world, it's about age and respect and experience anyway, not youth and beauty. So I say, bring it on!

Naturally having had a baby makes a huge difference. Not that I had a deadline or anything, but I know for me how lousy I'd feel turning 40 with no relationship, no kids, meanwhile everyone around me works on their second kid already. It's easy to sit here now and say, "nah, I wouldn't be jealous, I'd be cool with it," but I know darned well that's not true. If not for Bumpus, I'd be kind of sad and kind of lost on the eve of my 40th birthday, instead of feeling good and hopeful and positIve. And that's the truth.

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for this post -- what a lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had an awesome day.

    And I hear you about getting older and only being ok with it because you have a baby... I feel the same way - I'd be ok getting older if I had the things I wanted to have in my life right now - like a husband, etc. But the baby is going to help me feel better about my own birthdays, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete