Sunday, July 15, 2012

Good mail day

I rarely get anything pleasant in the mail - like most of us, my mail usually consists of useless supermarket circulars, credit card offers, and bills. But today (meaning, Saturday's mail I didn't pick up yesterday) had two awesome things in it. One was an Anthropologie gift card from my sister for my birthday, and best thing ever - my acceptance by Healthy Families!!!

I had a note to myself to call next week if I hadn't heard anything. Instead, after seven months of utter frustration, back and forth, and $1200 in full-price health care premiums, I now have $24 a month coverage for the baby. Fantastic! I swear that extra $300 I've been spending is going straight into savings!

This came at the end of a very annoying back and forth with the hotel where my event is being held, again, in which my rep told me they are pulling all cash and beverage sales - the full service bars for the night dances, and lunch buffets for my customers, leaving them with virtually no way to get lunch during classes or a drink during the dances at night. I'm going to call again tomorrow but for right now I've just about had it and can't deal with talking about this issue anymore. It's just too frustrating. It can wait 'till Monday!

Next week is my last full week before my event. My days are numbered. I am trying to cobble up some enthusiasm to overcome the bummer the hotel management has become; they are going to bring a hail of complaints and unhappy customers on me, that's for sure. Sigh. Good times.

Kitchen and front yard should be finished tomorrow. I have decided once my event is over to pull all the dried out, spindly lavender plants and do all succulents instead. It can only be done a bit at a time due to costs, but I am determined to finally have a nice looking front yard that will stay that way, and I think succulents are the way to go.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that the hotel staff is not being cooperative. I hope that they reverse some of their stupid decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Healthy Families!! You deserve the bright spot after everything you're going thru with the hotel, etc!

    ReplyDelete