Monday, June 11, 2012

Freakin' dog

Woke up in a rotten mood today because the dog - not the baby - had me up practically all night. She had to get down off the bed for a drink. Ok, fine, that happens every night. Then she needed to go outside. Ok, better than peeing on the bed. Then she was hungry. Then she just wanted to bark randomly at nothing. Then she spent the rest of the early morning hours fussing around the bed whining and barking. All this while the baby slept! I haven't felt this lousy since my first night home from the hospital!

I could lock her up in the office in her dog bed at night, but I'm afraid this would only escalate the already escalating incidents of peeing and pooping on the carpet, which is becoming a daily occurrence lately. I thought she was doing ok with the baby's arrival. Maybe not so much. What to do? Any dog owners have advice? I've done everything I can to make her feel loved and included and not change her routines. I'm at a loss.

3 comments:

  1. Dogs are usually capable of adjusting somewhat quickly (or not at all). Since you mentioned that it has been getting worse, I almost think it is a medical issue rather than mental (she is probably used to sharing the attention with Bumpus by now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ali that it is probably worth a vet check-up. I hope everything smooths out on that front soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks! I'd go see Ceasar! I love that guy!!

    ReplyDelete