Friday, June 15, 2012

But nought for me

Another sleep through the night for the baby! However, not for me. Why? Again, the dog. After having put her in the office the other night I was going to do it again - but she'd plunked herself down on her blanket that happened to be on the floor of the bedroom. And she had her ears down and this look of "don't take me to the bad place!" so I brought in her food and water and let her stay there.

To my detriment. She whined ALL night; then around 6 AM I heard her go into my closet and start messing around with my shoes, so I immediately picked her up and put her in the office. What am I going to do with the little nub? If only I could explain that it's not that I don't love her anymore, it's that mom needs her bed back. Will I be saying this to Bumpus one day?

Can't wait until I can enjoy a nice long night of sleep. I feel it coming, any night now!

She peed on the carpet again yesterday, ugh. At this point the carpet is so ruined I barely have the energy to try to clean it. I might just tear it up and leave the raw floorboards.

Three new babies in my circle, a new one brought into my Thursday night dance spot last night, and another pregnancy announcement. I do think there's something to be said about women cycling together and having babies all at the same time - whether it's purely hormonal or just psychological or a little of both, I feel like there has to be something to it. There's just an unprecedented baby boom in our dance circle, and it keeps going and going. People are working on their seconds and thirds now. Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Just curious, why are you giving the dog food and water during the night? I cut my dogs off of water around 8 p.m. (and they eat only at 5:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.) so that we can avoid needing to go out at night. It might help take care of some of the accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! You get Robert to sleep thru the night & you still don't get a good night's sleep? Seem royally unfair & frustrating hopefully your pup adjusts soon

    ReplyDelete