Thursday, May 3, 2012

You wake him, I cut you

The title of this blog post is something I actually said to my dog last night when Bumpus had finally fallen into a deep sleep and the dog randomly decided to do her "run to the edge of the bed and bark over and over" thing. Never has the phrase "the baby's sleeping!" been so meaningful to me. A baby's sleep is often so hard won - a goal hours in the making - and all unraveled by a loud voice or cabinet door closing. It can easily bring on thoughts of bloody murder when your baby is roused after hours of preparation for sleep, let me tell you!

In other news, I scored at Target today in the nursing-friendly summer dress department. One thing I realize I now need is nursing bras with support. The sports-style ones I have are comfortable for home but make me feel like I'm sagging and flopping all over the place.

Bumpus thankfully slept as I tried on clothes, thank God! Kind of wanted to cut the lady who stood right outside my dressing room door yelling to her mother, though.

But best of all - got what could only be a real, bona fide smile yesterday! I didn't have my phone on me then, but was able to capture this almost-smile today -

1 comment:

  1. I have screamed hysterically more than once at my Mom for being so loud while I'm trying to get Elena to sleep. My Mom lives above me & you'd think she had an elephant in tow most of the time!!

    Yeah for the score at Target!!

    ReplyDelete