Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Post holiday wrap up

This weekend was a whirlwind of parties and social activities. Often holiday weekends are not at all like this - I've spent many a long weekend alone and bored at home. So it was refreshing to have multiple events to attend. And it was so easy with a little baby who can just be popped in the carrier every time he got cranky. I'm dreading the day when he's less manageable, needs to be home in time for naps, etc.

Today I made my very last Business Line of Credit payment! I wish I could say I now have an extra $1000 to play with each month...but honestly if I'm stuck paying his full health insurance premium, diapers and wipes, and child care for even some of my activities each month, that's easily $1000. I still don't even know if I've seen the last of the hospital bills - I noticed on my last statement that the "family" out of pocket max for the year is $17,500, not $3500 as it would be for just me. Does that $17,500 apply to just the two of us, and if so, are there more bills coming...? I dread getting my mail every day. Still waiting to hear from Healthy Families, too.

My printer broke over the weekend so I can't do any work until I go out and buy a new one and set it up, and my pool had been draining along the side of the house for days, wasting hundreds of gallons of water and driving me insane with this dripping noise right outside of my bedroom window every night. A rat chewed through my kitchen window screen and ate all of my fruit and avocados, and now I have to replace the screen. This doesn't even mention my brown water, leaking sewage line, decaying porch, wonky left wrist, and constantly sore breasts. Let's see...what else can I complain about...?

First world problems, eh?

3 comments:

  1. My goodness! I don't know what could be worse than the rat issue!! Hope you get a break from the bad stuff soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cutie! I'm glad that you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, I hope the crap stops soon!

    But, you DO have the world's cutest baby, so there's always that to focus on! (I can say that until my baby is born, right? Then she'll be the world's cutest baby, of course! ;) )

    ReplyDelete