Monday, April 2, 2012

Wack to bork

Today I finally entered and filed all my event registrants for the last two months. People had begun asking questions about their registration forms and it was impossible to answer with them not in the system, also I wanted to see where I stand compared to last year. So as the kid napped I spent a couple of hours on that. It was hard because he fussed a bit and I picked him up to rock him and then had to type with one hand while making sure he didn't slide off my lap onto the floor - I had a quick look into my future at that moment!

The numbers for the event are the same as last year. Which is neither here nor there; in years past with better attendance, I've had less people as of April 1st, so who the heck knows? At least I have a lot of internationals right now which is a very good sign.

My bandleader friend and his wife came over last night and brought me a veritable vat of Indian food. I hope this doesn't make my breast milk unappetizing! I guess only time will tell; every day and night is different than the one before. Today he seems to be just grazing and never doing full feeds...but he's producing tons of diapers today and seems content, so who the f knows? Wish I had a scale at home so I could keep track of his weight better; I guess I'll have to wait until his first pediatric appointment on the 10th.

I feel like the baby and I are still getting to know each other. I feel like he doesn't really see me as his mother yet; I suppose it's easy to assume that when he's just a newborn who can't smile or focus on you yet.

By far my favorite moment is as we settle in for a nap and I put my face in his face and feel his baby breath on my nose and his little hands patting at my cheeks as if to say, "it's that lady again!" He really is pretty much the cutest thing ever.

Thanks for the advice on pointing his little willy down in the diaper, ladies - funny the things you don't think of! Toilet training should be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea about pointing the wee-wee...who knew?!

    Baby wearing isn't somthing I attempted (but wish I had) could that help with working on the computer? At least keep him off the floor, lol ;0

    ReplyDelete