Friday, April 6, 2012

One of those nights

...one of those crazy old nights...you're gonna find out, pretty mama:

That the minute you take off a poopy diaper and replace it with a nice clean one...your child will poop

That the minute you congratulate yourself on a nice long feed, your child will projectile vomit all of it over everything in your bedroom...and then be inconsolable until you realize he just wants to be fed again

Fortunately, nights like last night are invariably followed by days like this, in which my son slept in his carrier on my chest for hours while I did laundry, dishes, work, took out garbage, sorted baby paperwork, etc.

A friend who will now be known as The Angel of Mercy is bringing by a swing and Thai food tomorrow. I hope having a swing frees me up a bit around here - I can't wait to try it out! Considering how much he enjoys rocking I think he'll like it.

I got a congratulatory letter from my clinic today (I'd called to report the birth like a good citizen when I got back from the hospital); that for sure goes in the scrap book! One of these days I'll get a proper birth announcement card out as well. It's just they're pretty expensive and I'm trying to reserve funds at the moment.

Let's hope tonight involves slightly less poop and/or vomit. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Elena insists on pooping in a clean diaper! Kids!! :)

    ReplyDelete