Monday, April 16, 2012

I should be sleeping...

These days it's all about taking advantage of every second he sleeps to try to also get to sleep. Right now he's safely ensconced in the Breast Friend sleeping away...but unfortunately I'm wired so I figured now would be as good a time as any to blog.

First off thanks, everyone, for the encouraging comments on my last post. It's so helpful to hear that all babies are the same at this age, and that Bobby is totally normal. I have the usual worries - is he eating enough, is he eating too much, is he healthy, is he easy or difficult, is he normal? But it sounds like he's totally normal. As long as it's ok for there not to be much of a routine around here, I'm good. Normally I'm very much a routine-type person, but that's kind of out the window right now - every night and every day is different. Today I woke up with very sore and painful boobs because he hadn't eaten enough during the night; he slept a lot today so now I'm worried I'm in for another epic fussy night. And so it goes.

I am finally seeing one advantage to having a partner - I have to say I would very much enjoy some adult company around here. As much as I've packed my schedule with visitors, it's still not quite enough. I do feel pretty alienated and cut off. I can't just pop out and go to a dance if I get lonely like I used to. But I may start going to some kid-friendly dances this week - there's stuff on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday I could potentially take him to as long as I keep it short. I think for my own sanity I need to consider at least trying.

I find myself oddly efficient these days since I am so motivated to use the time he sleeps to get tons of stuff done - and I have nothing else to do, really, except mess around on my phone answering emails and checking Facebook.

Well, the boy is starting to wake up so it's time to go. Time for breassesses!

1 comment:

  1. Lack of routine is what I struggled most with. I am a very routine oriented personality so not having any routine those 1st weeks was not easy & not somehting I had prepared myself to cope with.

    I hope you make it out to the kid-friendly dances, sounds fun!! Bobby would probably enjoy the music!

    ReplyDelete