Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Choreography

Today I attempted multiple errands. I decided to park on the street between the three places I had to go, put the baby in the Beco carrier, and walk between the stores rather than pull the baby in and out of the car three times. This is a huge part of my new life - these basic choreography moments. How to hold him while making lunch, where to put him when I'm working on the computer, how long I can safely leave him in another room while I do something else, etc.

I desperately need a swing and wish I'd arranged to borrow one before he was born (several people have offered theirs, but now I need to make arrangements to pick one up which is a pain). He doesn't do well sitting in the bouncy chair unless I shake it with my foot, which kind of defeats the purpose of using it for a little freedom. I think he'd love the swing and it could free me up a little around here. So I hope I can make that happen soon.

Tomorrow I meet a friend for a hike. I don't know how physically capable I'll be - my lady parts still hurt quite a bit, especially when I carry him. I'm SO looking forward to no more pain in that area!!!

I may also make a quick jaunt to a dance venue Thurs night just to say hi. I'll carry him so no one can touch him or breathe in his face, so hopefully it'll be ok. I feel it's important to start making short trips into the real world now and see how we do.

Well I smell a poopy diaper (anyone who says breast milk fed poo doesn't smell doesn't know my kid), so here's a rare waking photo:

3 comments:

  1. Oh good golly he's adorable! Just look at that tiny face!

    I hope you can arrange a swing...when I was pregnant I refused every offer for a swing saying I wouldn't need it then by the time Elena was 4 weeks in desperation I ran out & bought a 2nd hand one & wished I'd had it from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, he's heartbreakingly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, look at that sweet face! He's so cute!

    As for getting stuff you need - amazon. I ordered all sorts of things I needed - life saver! (And the swing - I couldn't have survived without it those first months. Too bad we don't live close to each other, I'd lend you mine.)

    ReplyDelete