Saturday, March 3, 2012

Memory Lane of sorts

Tonight I had my exhaustive tax appointment. My tax lady comes to my house and I feed her numbers for about five hours and we come up with a return that we can both live with. It did not go well. I expected to owe about $1500 or so...we last left it with me owing about $5000. How I can have made a LOT less money this year and yet owe thousands more is a mystery to me. I think she missed something - she seemed very confused by my whole car sale thing; anyway she's going to work on the return some more at home and hopefully we can get that freakin' number down. I was pretty distraught at the time, but once again, it is what it is. If I really owe that much at least I can do a payment plan. Because god knows I don't have $5000. And I can forget about replacing that sewer line.

Going through all my receipts was an interesting stroll down memory lane, however. Here's the Day 21 progesterone test that told me I wasn't ovulating. Here's the BFN IUI from last April. Here's that crazy $985 bill from Kaiser for the Day 3 labs that sent me into hysterics that turned out to be a mistake. Here's the IUI that resulted in a chemical pregnancy; here's the one that resulted in my son. I can't imagine how painful receipts like these would be for a woman who hadn't gotten a successful pregnancy by the end of the year! Even with mine there was a lot of heartache along the way. So glad that phase is behind me!!!

Another NST today. They kept me FOREVER. Apparently they just weren't getting the information they needed even after 45 minutes, so they did a second ultrasound to check breathing, movement, etc. He was, of course, fine. And they didn't so much agree with my plan to stop seeing the ob since they just run all the same tests...so I think I have been guilted into making a third appointment next week with whoever I can get. I just keep telling myself it's only three + more weeks; and after mid-next week I will have a lot less on my plate so I won't be as pissed off about having to spend half my life over there. Read some women on WTE who were talking about being induced and they only had 300 or so protein in their urine; I had 600. Oh, and my theory about cereal causing the protein to disappear? Didn't work today. So much for that!

In just a few days I will be considered "term". I am starting to get very tired and feel like I'm carrying a giant 30 pound weight on top of my bladder. All I want to do is lie around and eat. I think once the marathon of the next few days is over I might just do that (the lying around part, anyway). Already considering not showing up for my singing gig Sunday - it's only $100, and a long drive, and will be the third of five days in a row where I'll have to get dressed up and be "on". A break from that would be GREAT. I think the time had come to start letting myself take it easy...I sure need it right now.

1 comment:

  1. Ack! Your tax pain is way worse than my tax mistake. Hopefully your lady can bring that way down!!

    Yes, take it easy! You deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete