Monday, March 12, 2012

70%

No, this isn't an effacement measurement, this is how prepared I now feel after last night's tutorial. I now know how a Moby wrap works, how to apply a snappy to a cloth diaper, the car seat base is in the car, and I have a rudimentary bag packed. I still need to fill in some registry items, but none of them are terribly urgent. I have done one of six (well, twelve) required prep washes of the diapers. I figured I'd do two a day. Don't even want to think about my water bill!

So, that's all a relief. I still feel kind of in the dark about most things - lately I've been feeling kind of guilty about not taking childbirth classes - but in the end I have to remind myself there's only so much you can do. I mean, eating well, getting rest, and getting to all my appointments I figure is the most important thing. I also have a household and a business to run, which right now involves a lot of prep work for taking basically the month of April off.

Last night I had yet another dream about having to return to NYC and go back to high school to finish up some credits I for some reason missed out on. Once again I ask, why would I ever agree to do that? It's so dumb. But I guess that dream symbolizes for me feeling out of my depth in a strange new world - that definitely is how I feel right now (although a lot less so after last night).

3 comments:

  1. If you are using prefold diapers you can boil them instead of washing them so many times... You would need a big pot of course :) Boil each one for five to ten minutes, depending on the size of the pot you can do a few at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry so much about not taking classes... I think you'll do just fine without them. The good thing about having weird dreams is that it means your getting sleep & that's a plus at thus late stage

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't take childbirth classes either. I don't feel like I missed anything, though I have been in a lot of deliveries. I did find Ina Mae's books VERY helpful. That and talking to my doula.

    ReplyDelete