Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sweeeeeet

So my event just opened for registration. I always run a "first one in gets in free" contest, so there's a mad rush at midnight. It's all very exciting and nerve wracking. Some years I get forty people; one year I got one. The average is about five to ten. This year I got about ten, which is good. This means I am now covered for February bills and credit card. March mortgage and debt payment is questionable - but that implies that not one person will register for the entire rest of the month, which has never happened. By end of February I will hopefully have enough to make it through early March. It's real touch and go for me this time of year as you can see!

And what else will be happening in March, other than worrying about paying bills...? Oh yeah, that whole baby thing! Argh! Something tells me money woes are soon to take a back seat to other priorities. Which will feel good, I've got to admit.

Been getting kind of uncomfortable lately, I won't lie. I must be going through a growth spurt because I keep getting stretchy pains when I move or stand up too abruptly; I feel very full like after a giant Thanksgiving meal, and as Carla on Cheers said, "like I have a dump truck parked on my bladder." Don't misconstrue this as complaint; so far it's all manageable and as we say in Massachusetts, "no big whoop". But it is interesting. I look at my belly and worry that it's too big for 32 weeks; but I'm assuming someone would tell me if I were too big. I just got measured last week. Also today someone from Kaiser finally called about my failed glucose test. I haven't called back because I'm afraid, but I'll get over it. I mean, they can 't force me to take the 3 hour, for cry eye. Still testing my blood daily and I can't say I'm passing with flying colors; most of the time I'm not, truth be told. But I am learning what foods work for me and what don't (breakfast is a real problem area, but I'm figuring it out).

So now that the insanity of officially kicking off my event is behind me (and hooray, my hard work on that freakin' registration page paid off), I can focus on other stuff - still need to deal with the kitchen, do a maternity photo shoot, do some legal stuff (wills, life insurance, etc), learn some baby stuff (my first baby care class is tomorrow night). As noted in a previous post it will be nice to get back to baby prep. Kind of missed it, actually.

And now for some much deserved shut eye...

1 comment:

  1. Judging by the photo of yourself you posted, I think you look fabulous for 32 weeks!

    ReplyDelete