Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

Went to a super bowl party today and can honestly say I didn't watch one minute of it. I was too engrossed talking to the host's wife about her pregnancy/birth experience (11 years ago). She had to me what is the most sane attitude about people's birthing choices I've heard in a long time. She did a home birth at my age, because she knew for herself that being in a hospital would stress her out. She says if someone feels more relaxed in a hospital, then that's what you should do. For me, I'd like to know medical care is right there if I need it. Being home would stress me out. So, it really is that simple, actually.

She also is yet another older mother of a single child who wishes she'd had one more. It's amazing how pervasive that desire is. Does make one think it's worth getting through those difficult first few years when the kids are babies and toddlers together.

Despite my initial anger about my car break in I'm quite proud of my reaction to it. In the "old days" I would let an incident like this ruin days, even weeks of my life with spiraling depression. But now I just feel the feelings and then let it go. It sucks, but everyone deals with petty crime from time to time; it's part of life. I feel a little unsafe and paranoid but that will pass. In the meantime I'm going to call my insurance to see about lowering my deductible so I'm not always on the hook for these kinds of incidents - I hate that "surprise, you're now out $500 for absolutely nothing" crap. So tomorrow the window gets replaced and then maybe if it happens again I
can get State Farm to effing pay for it.

My shower is in just two weeks. It dawned on me today that I may not get a LOT of the things I registered for and may be stuck having to shell out a lot of money for the practical, need right away items, like diapers, etc. Yeesh. If only this was August and not February, I wouldn't think twice about shelling out a few hundred more $$ on baby stuff. But enough about money. It is what it is, right?

Kind of looking forward to this week's baby class - hopefully I'll be in a better headspace and can get through it without freaking out. As long as they don't show us any more videos with v-jay-jays splitting open and I can amuse myself thinking about what jerks all the husbands are I should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment