Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Phone blogging!

Blogging via the Blogger IPhone app is my new favorite thing, which has given rise to more posts, more rambling posts, and more posts with photos, from me. None of which are a bad thing, I think.

Today was supposed to pour rain all day, and although the rain has yet to appear, I had already decided today was going to be Lazy Day. So I'm in bed with the dog watching a documentary about Spalding Gray and generally having a grand time. Tomorrow I'm at Kaiser pretty much all day between my ob appt and my baby class, and who knows how all of that will make me feel, so I thought I'd just have a day of nothing but comfort today.

Spent much of the day on the Kindle looking up international travel tours for families. I am obsessed with traveling with my son - but it is SO expensive. We're talking at least $7000 for even the shortest, cheapest tours to places like Thailand or Borneo for both of us. Well, he can't realistically travel to a place like that until he's about eight or so, so the good news is I have plenty of time to save up!!!

Yesterday discovered to my horror that I'd put on about four pounds in a week. Three words - Peanut Butter Frenzy. As expected, allowing peanut butter back in the house under the guise of it being a good GD food has seriously backfired. So it is once again a Banned Food. I'll just have to find a better way to get protein. Oh, and just for the record, weighed myself today and found at least two of the newly acquired pounds have now disappeared. Huh? Weight is such an odd thing, I'm always annoyed when the ob gives me crap over one or two pounds - it's like, weigh me in a half hour and those two pounds will be gone, trust me. Or take off my boots, or my heavy jean skirt, or whatever. Anyway, it will be nice to worry about my weight just for my own vanity again rather than worrying about it having a negative effect on the baby.

1 comment:

  1. Judging from the photos you've posted, I don't think anybody should be giving you trouble about your weight! And you're right about 1 or 2 pounds, they should give you a break!!

    I have already started a travel fund for Elena & I! Travel has been such a passion of mine & I can't wait to show her the world!

    ReplyDelete