Sunday, February 5, 2012

Good times

Got all dolled up for the gig tonight, went down to my car which sits in my garage on the street with the garage door permanently open because the garage is too small for any car, and discovered the passenger window smashed. I stared at the pile of glass and papers strewn from the glove compartment on the seat for several minutes and thought, "that's funny, I don't remember putting all that shattered glass there." Then proceeded to cut my fingers to ribbons trying to brush the glass off the driver's seat so I could get to the gig on time. Drove to Hollywood with the cold wind blowing in. Every penny I made tonight, and more, will go to replacing the window. So, between this and the $500 I had to pay last summer when a drunk driver smashed my parked car and drove off, I am now out nearly $1000 because random people decided to victimize me and my car. Good times.

The SOB who did this got away with a phone charger, an umbrella, and a water bottle. Hope it was worth it, asshole.

2 comments:

  1. Oh an umbrella, what a dummy...I once had prescription sunglasses stolen out of my car & having such a rare prescription makes them useless to anyone...served the dude right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is awful....and so frustrating. WHY do people have to destroy things that aren't theirs?! Not like you didn't have 50 other things to do w/ that money.
    Sorry about all that....

    ReplyDelete