Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fooled 'em again

Whenever our band retires for the night to uproarious applause (does happen from time to time), our trumpet player says, "fooled 'em again!" This is a direct quote from a famous swing era musician (will have to ask who next time I see him). That's a bit how I feel about today's ob appointment.

Everything went great. First time anyone ever said, "good" when they saw my weight (thank god they didn't weigh me a couple of days ago), blood pressure good, fluid levels good, not too much swelling (could have fooled me), baby in head down position.

Also got through the gnarly "medical interventions" baby class/videos without throwing up and/or crying. So I consider that a personal triumph.

One worrisome thing is protein has showed up in my urine my last two visits, so they did a culture today. The results are Greek to me, despite all my googling. But everything looks good other than the protein levels and a couple of other tests that appear to indicate some kind of infection. The midwife mentioned it could just be not drinking enough water (surprise surprise), and I hope that's it. I don't know if they are going to call me because of the results or just let it roll for two weeks - I'm hoping worst case scenario I just need antibiotics or something. I can't imagine where an infection could have come from - nobody's been up in my business, believe me. I don't feel like I have an infection. Well. I guess I have to wait for the pros to chime in on this one.

In other news, couldn't help but snap a picture in the hallway on my way to class tonight - anyone who knows my fears of popping balloons knows how much I dig this!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever commented on your posts before, so this is a little out of the blue, but I just wanted to finally chime in and say that I admire you so much! I'm a thinker and I read your updates pretty religiously. I've been watching that little babystrology thing in the upper right corner count down for so long, and it's getting so close! I'm so excited for you, and I wish you all the best - I can tell just from your posts that you're gonna be a great mom.

    ReplyDelete