Sunday, February 19, 2012

Baby shower!

So glad I was able to put last night's anxiety festival behind me and enjoy today's shower. It was perfectly delightful and everything I had hoped. I feel so oddly vindicated - for all the showers and weddings I've been to, I finally got to have a moment of my own. It may be my only shower ever, but I've got to say I'm ok with that.

For now I am going to bask in the good will and not check my registry to be reminded of all the things I didn't get that I actually need - although honestly I don't think there's much; other than things people still want to hand me down (swing, jumper, etc) I think I'm *mostly* covered. And I only have I think two things that were doubles to be returned, and clothes of all sizes that I'll wash and sort tomorrow. Also got a little $$ (thank you jeebus) that will help fill in the gaps.

There are lots more photos of the super cute decorations and food and people, but for now here are the shots I got on my phone - some swell gifts, and then me and the organizers, and me and my sister with some of the older ladies in my dance circles.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm so glad it went well! You looked gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! So glad you got so much stuff & that you were able to enjoy yourself despite your worries.

    ReplyDelete