Thursday, February 16, 2012

Acceptance

Got the results of the 24 hour test - again, abnormal. Kaiser wants the number to be under 150 and mine was 615. How bad is that? Well, Dr. Google says different things, but apparently my "case" is considered "mild" (the numbers can be in the thousands). So now I guess I just wait for the phone call, or my appointment Weds, whichever comes first.

I also had another in a series of freak outs about money yesterday. My credit card is over my budget for the month thanks to my car window being smashed, my cash allowance is gone thanks to the GD food I've had to buy every few days, and I started racking up the other upcoming expenses in my mind that will be due before any real money starts coming in - taxes (I always owe - and a lot), hospital bill (hopefully I won't be billed for at least six weeks after he's born!), any baby stuff I don't get at the shower (remains to be seen). Thinking about all this put me into a real panic. But you know what? This all, the money, the abnormal tests, falls under the category of "nothing I can do about that." If I can't let myself go into a little debt right now because I'm a month shy of having a baby, then I don't know when is a good time! These are extraordinary circumstances, and I need to just remember that. It will all get paid eventually, just not right now. And so what?

My sister comes into town tonight and I refuse to let this very special weekend full of love and fun be ruined by anxiety about credit card bills and urine samples. I accept what's going on but I let it go. Now let's get this mommy her shower!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your shower & time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the spirit! I have been going crazy trying to figure out adoption funding. I'm about ready to say "screw it" and put it all on the next credit card that comes in the mail. :)

    After my junior high physical my parents were told I had to much protein in my urine. They had me back for test after test after test until I finally lied to one nurse about what another had said. "No, she said I don't need any more follow-ups." It worked, and there's no evidence anything was wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete