Sunday, January 29, 2012

Two months from now...

Two months from today is my due date. Not that he'll arrive right on time on his due date, but it's at least a ballpark. Like most third trimester types, I am obsessed with keeping him in as long as possible. Even though every day that goes by increases his viability and decreases the likelihood of long term disabilities or complications, it's still way early for him to be born.

At the same time I'm terrified of running late and having to be induced, too. It sounds pretty gnarly, being induced. Also I would imagine it would just be maddening after a while - going past your due date, and being so uncomfortable. But sitting here right now I have no idea what my fate is.

I also am better able to picture him now that I've seen the 4 D ultrasound pics - I have his pudgy little face in my mind all the time. He looks like "us", in my opinion - my mother, my sister, me. But of course that can't be the whole story - he's going to look like his dad, too, and I have no idea what his dad looks like, so certain things will just have to be guessed at, especially as he gets older. Still, I saw his little smile in there and that is for sure my family.

I am quite interested in investing in some kind of post-partum belly compressor; I've read lots of reviews online and they all seem to have lots of pluses and minuses. Don't get me wrong, I'm not obsessed with losing weight after the baby; I know it is what it is. But I would like to do anything I can to speed that process along - I've got vintage clothes to squeeze back into at some point!

So here's a picture of my new best friend. Pretty much every night now is a 4-times-a-night wake up to take more Tums, pee, and drink water kind of night. Had a nap on the couch and it was absolutely delicious. Ah, unfettered sleep, I hardly knew ye.

2 comments:

  1. During the last couple of months I never went anywhere without a bottle of tums. I still have partial bottles stashed everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a Gaviscon Girl & would not have survived my pregnancy with out!

    ReplyDelete