Tuesday, January 10, 2012

...and another great one goes

I was out dancing tonight and we all got word via our smart phones that our friend passed away just hours ago.  He's the one in the striped shirt in this picture from I believe about 1937.  We all immediately burst into tears and held each other. I know this has nothing to do with pregnancy or single motherhood but I felt the need to acknowledge him.  He was a great dad, husband, dancer, and all around swell guy.  I'm glad we got to know him as long as we did and I hope he got some pleasure out of watching us "kids" carry the swing dance torch around the stadium one more time.  Tomorrow I have to put in a very difficult call to his wife; I'm just going to have to put my big girl pants on and suck it up and not blubber on the phone.  Whew!  It's going to be really hard.  So glad I got to see him one last time and say goodbye.  I've learned goodbyes are really important, actually.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss! And good luck with the phone call to his wife.

    ReplyDelete