Sunday, December 25, 2011

JOY


Thanks, ladies, for the recommendations about the registry – I will absolutely try that site!

Why am I blogging on Christmas day?  Because I don’t have a kid (yet).  So I thought I’d take advantage of this fact for the last time.

Got the wild hair up my ass today to attempt to bake something for dinner at TFWUMMFLMLIS’s house tonight.  Decided on peppermint meringues because I’ve always wanted to try to make meringues.  I have no idea how they’ll turn out because a) I’ve never made them before, b) I didn’t have parchment paper, c) there was so much meringue I had to put them very close together, and d) my oven runs hot, and I’m already on the lowest setting.  But I wanted to try it.  They’re super easy and fat free, so other than the sugar content they are fairly guiltless.  I plan on lots of meringue in my future if this pans out. 

Went to dinner at the A’s last night.  It’s such a pleasure to always be welcomed in the festivities of that lovely family.  They even gave me three gifts – a t shirt, a scarf, and some votive holders.  I felt like an a-hole for not bringing anything; probably what spurned the meringues today.  Well, for now at least I can use the pregnancy card, right?  My intense exhaustion from Friday night has dissipated now, thank goodness.  Yesterday my hands were swollen and I was stiff all over from cleaning and moving furniture all day.  But today I feel good (a good night’s sleep I think helped a lot).

I have to say this has been an exceptional Christmas.  Not that I don’t always enjoy Christmas, but this year there’s a pure joy for the first time since childhood – because there’s going to be a baby next year.  This is the first Christmas that I don’t have that ugly feeling of watching all the couples and all the kids and wondering how the heck I’m ever going to make some of that happen for me.  Although last year I had the plan to have a kid, I had no idea if I’d be able to pull it off, so there was a lot of fear there.  And here I am this Christmas just days shy of my third trimester, and next year I’ll have a nine month old son to share it with.  Does it get any better than this?  It really doesn’t, I have to say.

So tonight I’ll go to my friend’s house and not be jealous for once, after days and weeks of fun parties and good times with good friends.  I’m so blessed, really.  At this moment, for I believe the first time ever, I can’t complain.

1 comment: