Friday, March 25, 2011

Bring it on!!!

I was exposed to an interesting phenomenon last night.  It’s the Kaiser system of transparency, by which they e-mail you your blood test results as they get them.  So as I was home watching TV (The Real Housewives of Miami, which honestly is turning out to be kind of a snooze fest) I kept getting e-mails detailing my results.  And it was fascinating.  I googled all of the tests to see what they were and what they meant, and was delighted to see I came up normal in all of them (except something about iron binding in which I am slightly below normal).  Then this morning, the best results of all. My TSH level as of yesterday.  Now remember Monday I came up at a 4.9, which they consider hypothyroid, and they want me to be under 3 for pregnancy.  Guess what it was yesterday? 2.06. Huh?

So I immediately called the clinic partially to gloat but partially to see what we should do next.  I talked to X (ultrasound lady).  She was surprised by the results but said we can go ahead in April if I want.  I mentioned I’m concerned now that I may not be ovulating; she said we can try Clomid.  And I think I’m going to do it.  Why waste an IUI when obviously there are problems that can be fixed with Clomid?  She said to come in on day 3 of my next cycle – just discovered today is day 1 of my cycle (which makes this month’s luteal phase 11 days which sucks, but then again if I didn’t actually ovulate then it’s not really a luteal phase, is it?  Jeez, maybe India jacked me up more than I thought).  So I will go in Monday and most likely start Clomid.  Seems pretty simple – it’s only $20, and you just take one pill a day for five days (or so it says on the internet).  Then I go in and get an ultrasound to see if I actually ovulated and if the lining is thick enough (still a concern for me – I’ve heard Clomid actually thins your lining).  So I may take Clomid, ovulate, and not be able to try an IUI because the lining isn’t where it should be (I think…unless they give me progesterone and this helps…?  Ugh, who knows).  Anyway I’m still going to see the ob/gyn at Kaiser Tues for their opinion, can’t hurt.  And maybe the remaining thyroid results (still don’t have T3s or T4s) will show a problem and I’ll be right back where I was Tuesday (pit of despair).   
But right now it’s all looking good and positive and I’m going to stick with that positivity because I have to get through being a bridesmaid in a close friend’s fairy tale wedding this weekend and I need a little boost (not to mention I will now be on my period the whole time…good times). 

So let’s all say a little prayer for April – and in the words of Joe, my favorite handi-capable character from Family Guy – BRING IT ON!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm saying a prayer and crossing my fingers. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete